We got the antenna re-secured in a temporary location near the original location. We are now testing range. Before the previous antenna failure, the range was not what I would expect for a 40 meter antenna elevation. It could be that the coax has degraded. We noticed that the jumper to the main building coax was only sealed with electrical tape, that was starting to come undone.
We resealed the coax, and the SWR is about 1.8:1 to 2:1 across the VHF band. This is probably in part due to the comprised install location. The next step is waiting on the adapter ordered for the audio/PTT connection.
If you would like to run an on-air test from your location, please let us know.